Fashion Probz: High Heels

February 23, 2015

Hello my little rose buds! It is I, A Fabulous Hippie, and today on the blog we shall discuss high heels and the common problems that tend to come with them. Interested in how to deal with theses cons? Well keep reading!


Sweaty Feet

If you're like me, your hands glisten and the moment you stick your foot in a shoe that doesn't require socks (HEELS ESPECIALLY), it's like you're walking on an effing slip n' slide. At that point, You've dropped the eff bomb at least 3 times. It's ok, you're not alone. And that doesn't mean that your feet aren't clean. Here are some ways to battle this problem and actually win:

  1. Insert some Insoles: Honestly, this is the best way to deal with sweaty soles. That, and they save the insoles of your shoes from getting all gross and what not. Did you know that a lot of women put panty liners inside of their shoes??? As weird as that may sound, you can't say that it doesn't make sense.
  2. Baby Powder: Sprinkle a little baby powder inside your shoes. I SAID A LITTLE. Don't get happy with it 'cause that totally defeats the purpose, and I promise you'll just get pissed off and throw your shoes across the room. (._. ) This method soaks up the sweat and leaves your shoes smelling fresh. Just make sure you wipe your shoes clean at the end of the day.
  3. Pedicure Time: Yep. It's time. The rough, hard skin on your feet is the culprit. Either hit up the nail salon or fill up a tub with a combination of hot water, tea tree oil and black tea and soak your feet for about 30 minutes everyday (the Tannic Acid in black tea said "your welcome"). You could also take a pumice stone and buff off any dead skin in the shower. 
  4. Foot Deodorant:Umm....I really don't feel we need to discuss this very much. Roll-on or the Stick? Take your pick. 

Slippery Soles

I've lost count of how many time I've almost slipped and fell on my ass because of slippery soles. I normally have this problem with brand new heels. The way to deal with that is either take a piece of sandpaper and GENTLY rub your sole (I mean, the bottom of your shoes are going to eventually get scuffed...) or you could just buy a pack of sole grips at your local convenient store or you could do this cute little DIY here.


The Pain

That sharp pain you feel with every step you take after walking in heels for like 2 hours is almost impossible to avoid. Especially with the trendy single-soled pumps. Here are some tips that have worked for me and I'm sure will work for you:


  1. Platforms are Your Friend: I know tall heels with a platform look very intimidating, but trust me, platforms are definitely what you need. Unlike the single-soled pumps, your feet aren't hiked up at such an unbearably high angle and it's a lot easier on the knees. I recommend platform heels for people who aren't used to wearing heels or for those who have problems with their knees. Also, go for block heels or chunky heels.
  2. Shift Your Weight: What I've been taught to do when my feet are throbbing is to shift the weight to the outside of my feet. What do I mean by that? You know how most of us have feet that my "cave" inwards or our ankles may go inward giving the appearance of being "knock kneed" when standing up straight? I'm telling you to do the complete opposite and slightly shift your weight to the outer part of your feet . I hope that makes sense.....
  3. Inserts For The Win: Well, it looks like inserts are the star of this post, huh? Haha. Now in case some of you didn't know, you can get inserts for just the balls of your feet or just the heels of your feet. Personally, I prefer the memory foam inserts versus the clear gel inserts. Different strokes for different folks!
  4. Back-Up Flats: Last, but not least. If you feel like you can't handle wearing heels all day, that doesn't mean you can't wear them at all. Just bring a pair of flats with you when you can't bare the pain anymore. Just make sure you soak your feet in Epsom Salt and give your feet a thorough massage at the end of the day. 


Alright guys, that just about wraps up today's post. Let me know if you guys like these kinds of posts. I've been wanting to start a series of discussing fashion problems and how to solve them. I really want to start interacting with my readers and get to know you guys better. I definitely have some ideas written down so keep your eyes peeled for more posts! If you have any questions, requests or want to chat, you can always follow me on Instagram and Twitter @afabuloushippie and my email is: afabuloushippie@gmail.com. Don't be shy and know that there is no such thing as a "stupid question". Thank you guys so much for reading! xoxo

Autumn



This post was NOT sponsored.

You Might Also Like

0 comments