How I Transition My Favorite Summer Pieces

September 21, 2015

Let's face it...we're all doing the count down to the 1st day of the Autumnal Equinox, but the weather tends to fall behind (no pun intended) leaving some of us confused as to how to properly dress for the season or maybe you're not ready to push your summer staples to the back of your closet. Today's post will give you some ideas on how to hold on to your most worn and love pieces just a little bit longer. 

Romper | Denim Vest (thrifted) | Platform Boots (love this)

As I mentioned in this post, I live in the south, so in order to avoid sweating like crazy, adding one layer is my only option until the temperature begins to drop. I wanted to go for a 70s look, so I added my denim vest and velvet platform boots to give this feminine romper a more relaxed, boho vibe. This romper would look just as amazing as a top with a pair of medium washed flares. Have you ever worn a romper as a top? No? Try it!
Co-ord Set | Sweater (thrifted) | Heels

For fun night outs with my woes, I thought it would be super cute to pair these striped shorts with a light knit sweater and a pair of lace up heels. You could also opt for thigh high boots instead if you're feeling extra sexy. As for the top, a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and flat ankle boots for a more tomboyish look.


Co-ord Set | Skinnies (thrifted) | Booties | Denim Jacket (thrifted) 

I'm so obsessed with this structured crop top and high waisted skinnies combination.  Although summer has come to an end, every business keeps the AC on 'blast', so I'm always prepared with this denim jacket I thrifted a while back. For a contrast of color and a bit more edge, replace the denim jacket with a military jacket.  

Thanks for reading! Comment below on how you would style these pieces!




(Thank you Dresslink for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments