Style Craving: Mock Neck

March 02, 2015

Style Craving: Mock Neck

Black Crop | Nude Midi Dress(sold out){Love This} | Grey Crop {Save} | Oversized Sweater Dress | Fitted Dress | Jumpsuit (in black) {Love This}


Ahhhh, the Mock Neck (or Polo/Turtle Neck)....I've always admired this neckline, but after a while, I wanted to try something different and eventually I completely stopped wearing it. That is until I found a grey fitted midi dress at the thrift store for (WAIT FOR IT.......) 0.99 cents!!! Oh yeah. Thrifting is awesome, you guys. You should try it sometime if you haven't already. I will style my awesome find very soon! You have no idea how excited I am....

I've always had a thing for necklines such as the polo/turtle neck, the peter pan collar, the boat neck, and any other neckline that sits above my collar bone. It's rare that I show any boob.


  • For a casual look, you could pair a cropped, sleeveless mock neck with a pair of  light-washed, high waisted jeans with a leather backpack and converse. 
  • For a more vintage/indie vibe, you could pair the same top with a pair of  faux red leather skinny jeans, and a beige oversized cardigan and some worn in combat boots with a tan fedora as the cherry on top.
  • For an office/chic look, a fitted solid color midi skirt, a statement necklace, and a pair of nude pointed toe pumps.
Here are a few of my favorite looks:







*[SIDE NOTE]* I really like the messy "lob" (long bob) look with this neckline. Then again, any hairstyle would look cute. Also, the slight difference between a mock neck and a turtleneck is that a turtleneck is normally folded so you don't look like a stylish ninja. ;) #AutumnsTheories


Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for reading!!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments