A Change of Heart #2

March 25, 2015

Welcome back to part 2! If you missed the first post, it's all good. I'll link it right here. I highly recommend you read the first post before you scroll any further. (Psst! Notice anything different??? I may have changed the color scheme of the blog.)





Camo



Freakin' Camo. Oh my gosh, everyone had Camo print EVERYTHING! Camo skinnies, denim jackets, shorts, hair bows (why?), rainboots, socks, underwear and even slip-on canvas shoes! Nooooo! I LOVE SLIP-ON CANVASES! What kind of monster would allow this to happen?! *gasp.....faints dramatically. Really cute guy fans me with a Nylon Magazine*




Well, I've had a slight change of heart. The only thing covered in camo that I actually want now, is a camo denim jacket or vest. That's it. 


How I Would Wear Camo










Trainers





Yeeeeeeah, I guess you can say that I'm not very "trendy". Oh well. One thing about me is that I'm not going to just go with the flow just because everyone's doing it. And this was a trend I definitely could not flow with. Seriously??? Remember that Librarian in elementary school that always wore a stiff denim maxi dress with embroidered apples and rulers on it and she wore tube socks and the same white New Balances with the chunky soles? Yeah, you remember. THAT'S WHAT THIS TREND REMINDS ME OF. 

The only sneakers that go on these feet when I'm not dying on the treadmill, are Converse and Vans....maybe Nike Blazers. Maybe.


How I Would Wear Trainers











Mules






The last time I wore these shoes was circa 2004, when I was more of a hippie than I am today. No seriously, anything with bell sleeves, paisley brown tops, denim skirts, sandals and thick soled keds, and rose colored glasses was my uniform. I used to hate putting on those super girly dresses my mom bought me. I even used to say everything was "groovy" and "far out". I KID YOU NOT. I was a Lisa Frank Backpack wearin' 90s kid stuck in the 70s. Nothing has changed but my height and my age. Yes, that means that I'll still have a Nerf War with you at the age of 21. Just let me get a glass of Muscadine in me first.  :D

Maybe in the future, I'll have a change of heart with the mule, but as of now, 11 years later, I'm still over this shoe. Sometimes, it takes time for me to actually want to give a trend a try.









Culottes

 


Anyone else feel like these are just Gauchos with a different name? I used to have a pair in black and red, and I wore flats and sneakers with them and some random graphic tee my mom found at what is now Justice. (it used to be Limited Too) 

I can't deal with this trend. I just can't with these pants. It looks too much like a knee length skirt until you scroll all the way down to see where this blogger purchased her SKIRT from...only to find out that it was actually a pair of big modern gauchos. I'm not sure about this trend. It's kind of odd looking, but I still might give this a try. 




That's it for today loves! Thank you for reading! So tell me.....which trend have you had a change of heart for? Which trend do you still dislike? Comment Down Below! Have an awesome week guys! Make sure to subscribe via email, GFC (now at the very bottom) or Bloglovin so you can keep up with the latest on the blog!

photos via Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments