Color of the Year 2015

January 11, 2015

Hello Lovlies! It is I, A Fabulous Hippie, and today we will converse about Pantone and their shocking choice of color.

About four weeks ago, Pantone announced that the Color to rule 2015 is none other than......




Marsala!

Now, I'm going to be 100% honest with you: I think this was an awful choice! I'm definitely more of a bright and obnoxiously colorful person (How ironic because all I wear are shades of nude and black now). I was kind of disappointed, but alas! I literally sat down and thought about how exactly you could wear this dark, mysterious color during Spring and Summer whether you are a fashion blogger, a beauty blogger, or a combination of both! Tell me what you think.....

Now, I'm actually excited for the nail polishes and lipsticks because Marsala actually looks amazing on anyone. It's like a neutral in a way. For those who aren't a fan of dark tones, it's all good! You could always wear a mauve makeup look like Kylie Jenner and still be trendy! I personally feel that Marsala can be worn in different tones, tints and shades (I'm an Art/Fashion Student....expect to see  terms like these used quite a bit in my blog posts...keep reading). 

Tones = Hue + Gray
Shades = Hue + Black
Tints = Hue + White


Tone



Shade


Tint





More inspo pics below! 
(all pics are from Tumblr)
























Thanks for reading! How do you feel about this rather interesting choice for this year? Who else feels that Marsala is just another glorified "Burgandy" hue? I definitely do....it's still a gorgeous color though!








You Might Also Like

0 comments