5 Ways to Clear Your Mind

January 11, 2016

We all have days when we just need to take a break from our technology and time-consuming projects/homework. From time to time, or as often as possible, we need to take a step back to clear our minds, reconnect with our inner goddess and get lost, as in wander. I recommend you do this once a day to not only get through the rest of those emails smoothly, but to release any built up tension or stress you have to avoid having a mental break down or the dreaded 'burnout'. These 5 tips can even help rid you of writer's block. Next thing ya know, you'll be oozing with creative ideas and content! Turn off your devices because after you finish reading this post, I want you to do at least one of five of these tips for at least 10-15 minutes. 


1. MEDITATE: Close your eyes and clear your mind of the stressful tasks that have your brain fried. Focus on your breathing. If you need to, turn on some Ambient or Spa music and light some candles and incense. Trust me, this works wonders!

2. READ: I love reading books that make me forget about my current surroundings, allow my imagination to trick me into thinking that I'm the main character, running through a field of flowers with that super hot, shirtless guy with a nice ass. Hell, who doesn't? If fictional novels aren't your cup of tea, then books like this one will definitely grab your attention and help you to improve your lifestyle. And if that's still not your thing, then read a fashion or home improvement magazine. No, you may not read a book on your kindle.

3. DANCE: Turn on some music and dance like a wild child! Shake out all of your stress and have fun for once! Swing those hips and get sassy with it! Hell, twerk in the mirror if you want. Just make sure your blinds are closed...turn the volume up (unless you have neighbors) sweat and get your cardio on. Which brings me to the next tip....

4. EXERCISE: Yeah yeah, I know. No one likes working out. Trust me, I don't either. But after the workout, you'll feel so refreshed and energized, not to mention you'll have a hot bod. ;) Although I'm more of a Pilates kind of gal, I've been doing yoga every morning for 2 weeks and I feel great! I just wake up, hop out of bed and I do simple stretches for about 20 minutes. Again, refreshed and energized is exactly how I feel after just 20 minutes of doing yoga. Then I reward myself with a cup of green tea. Try it!

5. PAMPER THYSELF: Thanks to I Covet Thee, every Sunday has been my 'Spa Day' and I take this very seriously. We all need to have at least one day out of the week to unwind and spend sometime with ourselves. I like to run a nice warm bath, with Lavender or Rose bath salts or a Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Scented bubble bath to release the toxins trapped from your body and relieve anxiety and stress, (Every other Spa Day, I'll add 2 green tea bags for an all natural skin treatment) with a detoxing face mask and some relaxing music in the background. Do whatever you like on these day, whether it'd be painting your nails, deep conditioning your hair, playing with makeup, etc.


Always remember to do at least one of these things when your brain is fried and you know you need a quick pick-me-up. Or better yet, do it even when you feel like you're on a roll. I hope these tips help! 

What do you like to do to clear your mind?

You Might Also Like

0 comments