Happy Summer Solstice!

June 20, 2016











photographer: Kiah Jefferies (@crazyobsessions 97)

(Details on IG)

Today is the 1st day of summer! Let's celebrate by scarfing down an endless amount of tacos and slushies! Wooooooo!!!! 

It may be too hot for clothes, but it doesn't mean we have to sacrifice style for comfort. This dress from Forever 21 is perfect for the days you spontaneously decide to take a trip to the lake. This soft linen dress could very well be a super cute cover up, but I decided to throw on some shorts underneath instead, and chill in the shade and catch up on some reading on Bloglovin. The winds were so strong, my hat kept blowing off my head (a hat filler would have prevented that...) but it felt so wonderful, flowing through my dress keeping me cool. If I wore polyester, I probably would have passed out, being that this fabric doesn't allow any air flow. 

In order to keep from repeating the same outfits everyday, not only do you have to step out of your comfort zone with current trends, but you have to pay close attention to the material your clothes are made of. Opt for fabrics like anything sheer and made of breathable material, like cotton. Neoprene (aka scuba dresses), Wool, and Polyester are the fabrics you should avoid at all costs anytime it's hotter than 80 degrees. 

As for work, mix and match your button downs with pencil skirts that hit you mid thigh, or wear a light shirtdress. If you wear pants, instead of reaching for closed toed shoes, grab a pair of minimal sandals so you don't burn up. If culottes are your thing (*barf*), you can wear a sleeveless button down/blouse with a pair of mules, loafers or flats. If you can't stand culottes, a pair of knee length shorts (midi shorts? Bermuda shorts?) could be a stylish substitute. 

Thanks for reading! Psst! Today was my 1st day of school at SCAD Atlanta today! I can't wait to post all of my creative adventures while attending this mind blowing art school. My fashion director is the sh*t and I adore his European accent. How many of us can say our major's director is from London? ;) 

#MyDirectorIsBetterThanYours

Happy Summer Solstice! Stay tuned for more fabulous content!


xx,
My signature photo MyBlogSignature_zpswkkk5eud.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments