Trend Alert: Midi Skirts and Dresses

August 28, 2013

   Hey guys! I am back! Sorry for not posting in like 4 days. I've been so busy with school .My first day was freaking Monday, and let me just tell you.......IT WAS CRAZY. Everyone knows that the first week is wild.


  Anyways, let's talk about this awesome trend that has surfaced probably a couple of months ago (Yeah, I'm late).



MIDI DRESSES AND SKIRTS





   It's not long enough to be a maxi, but not short enough to be a mini. This trend was all the rage in the 40's (ONE OF MY FAVORITE DECADES!) when the "Hourglass figure" was the new silhouette! From the fitted Midi dresses/skirts to the ones with peplums added to give off the appearance of wider hips (Example Below)



Flared midi skirts and dresses came around the 50's. So as you can see, the midi trend stuck around for almost twenty years!!! Amaze-balls right??? (More examples!)





Fifty to Sixty years later, the midi trend has taken over once again, and I am loving it!!!! Midis are one of the trends that EVERYONE can look amazing in! So, run to the store and find yourself a cute midi girlfriend! This is an essential for fall. Why do you ask??? Because you can pair ANY and I mean ANYTHING with it!
 Want to add a chiffon or silk blouse with some pumps or flats for that girly/professional look? Do it!
  Are you a graphic tee fanatic? Girl, match it with a patterned midi!
  Love Converse and leather jackets? Midi is the way to gooooo!!!!

Well, that is it for this topic ladies. I will see you next post! See ya later!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments