Trends That Need To STOP!

August 13, 2013

 Hello lovelies!!! I am back with a new topic to discuss.

  Recently, I was watching one of my favorite fashion/beauty gurus on Youtube named Evalina Barry! Her video is called "Trends That Need To Stahp!" You guys should go watch it. It's actually pretty funny. Anyways, she inspired me to write about this topic, because I feel like some trends need to disappear.....FOREVER. This is MY opinion and I do not mean to offend anyone intentionally. Some of the trends I mention may be trends that some of you love, but hopefully you'll find this post humorous or laugh and disagree nicely. :)

1. BIG OVER-THE-TOP HOLE-Y JEANS

 Oh my god why.........why was this even considered trend? This is a major eye-sore! I can understand a couple of holes in the thigh area or slits in the knee areas, BUT THIS??? It's too exposing. And to me, it looks a hot, sloppy mess. No....just no.

2. PLAID FLANNELS TIED AT THE HIPS



Honestly, this is a trend that should have been left behind in the 90's/early 2000's. I have always loved the 90's grunge style since I was 14, but I always felt like the whole Flannel-Around-The-Hips thing wasn't cool.

3. FLATFORMS


I could go on and on about these monstrosities. This is a trend that should have stayed with the models on the runways. I'm not even sure what you could pair with these shoes, and I never have a hard time putting a fashion master piece together!!! Yeah, I know. Crazy right? I agree.
 The only "flatforms" I would actually love to own are called Creepers (pics below)


4. HEELS TALLER THAN 6 INCHES

 Don't get me wrong, I love a pair of tall heels, but there is a fine line between sexy and promiscuous. I'm sorry, but I feel that no one's heels should be taller than 6 inches. As a former model, I used to wear those kinds of heels a lot, and I hated them. I walked perfectly fine in them, but they really hurt my feet, and walking down a hill or a flight of stairs was a pain. To the ladies that wear these heels like a pair of flats, hats off to you.

5. FITTED MINI DRESSES/SKIRTS


Call me a nun if you want but....it's time to retire the hooker-like clothes ladies. If it's BARELY covering your butt and private, either you tuck the dress into some high waisted pants and wear it like that, or wear leggings under it.
Same for the skirts......LEGGINGS OR A LONGER SKIRT.

6. CUTOUT DRESSES
 
Come on now. Your already showing your legs and/or cleavage. Do you really need to show the tummy, too? Your showing to much skin in these type of dresses. Honestly, I think you should on show off no more than two areas of your body. Well....if you decide to show some cleavage, I feel like that should be enough (My opinion).
Now this cutout dress is perfectly fine(below):

They're just showing their back off. Now that is more classy.

7. STUDDED/SPIKED BRAS


Coming from someone who is mad obsessed with almost anything with spikes and studs, this was the trend I just couldn't see myself going along with. I can understand a studded BRALET, but an actual bra?! Yeah, just throw some decorations on the bra so you can wear it by itself. Whose bright idea was this?! I feel like this is just an excuse for some women to expose themselves to get men's attention. I'm not for the exposed bra trend. Never was and never will be.

7. WEDGED SNEAKERS


All I'm going to say is that wedge heels and sneakers are NOT a sexy combination. Barf.

8. LEGGINGS AS PANTS


 Oh meh god.......LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!!!! Look at the picture girls! That looks sloppy and not put together! I don't care how nice your butt and legs look, you look silly wearing a t-shirt that doesn't cover EVERYTHING down there. Just....don't do it. Promise? (Mean Girls moment)

9. BLING-ED OUT SNAPBACKS


I'm not sure how you would incorporate this into an outfit. It's tacky. If you wear this, you can't put on any jewelry, otherwise, you'll look......I can't even put it into words. (-_-) I was never into snapbacks anyways.

10. PEEP TOE/OPEN TOE BOOTIES


Opening up the toe area did not do this shoe any justice. It's just hideous! I think it looks weird. I strongly dislike open toe/peep toe booties. That and kitten heels. Lauren Conrad even said "They're the mullet of all shoes!" Haha. Love that girl.


So that about wraps it up with the trends that should go out of style and never come back.....EVER. Leave any comments below telling me what trends you think should disappear off the face of this Earth. Is it harem pants? Pointed toe flats? Peplum pants and skirts? Don't be shy, it's your opinion and you can voice it. Alright Fashionistas, good night!






You Might Also Like

0 comments