2016 Wedding Predictions + Suggestions | Paperless Post

March 11, 2016

2016 Wedding Predictions

Hey hey flower child! Today, I have teamed up with Paperless Post to bring you Wedding Predictions for 2016. When I get married, I'm going to have a big fat bohemian/Morrocan wedding because that is part of my heritage. But enough about me....

The Dress
Ahhh yes. The dress. Known for being stark white and full of tulle. Not this year!
Not only is beige and blush tones the new classic color, but the mermaid style is the new classic. I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a poofy, Cinderella inspired dress. Tradition may be the 1st thing to come to mind for some, but it seems that mermaid style blush or beige dresses is the new #1 choice. Add some beautiful, intricate lace and beaded design to the dress, and you taken it from 'Traditional' to One of a Kind.




Bridesmaid Dress Ideas
Every woman that is asked to be a bridesmaid prays that the bride will pick a dress they can wear more than once. Next thing you know, you're walking down the aisle having flash back of your junior prom wearing the ridiculously sparkling dress she picked out. That, or a plain jane formal maxi that will definitely be sitting in your closet for years until you finally cave in and donate it. Trust me, you no longer need it and you would really help out someone who is less fortunate.
To the brides, I understand that it's YOUR day and you'll pick what you want, but let's be a little bit less selfish with the bridesmaids dress. Instead of the typical solid color maxi dress, I think you should choose a dress that would not only the 'maids will be able to wear over and over again, but you should think about dresses with 1950's inspired silhouettes with floral prints or a more modern and sophisticated fit and flare dress. Why not try an elegant caftan style dress if you're getting married in paradise? Brocade/Jacquard designs should at least be considered, too. Don't worry, you'll still be the center of attention. ;)





Colors
Of course we all know that rose quartz and serenity will be all over SS16 weddings, but for FW16, I predict that plum/lilac and black/muted gold with be the most seen color themes for weddings. I think everyone is over the typical 'PINK AND WHITE' theme. I mean they have been the most used combination for years now. I'm definitely digging the muted gold/black. It's such an elegant pairing. If you just have to have pink as your theme, give rose gold a try. I certainly wouldn't mind, not to mention I'm a sucker for anything rose gold.


Save The Date/Wedding Invites
I'm a hippie. I'm all about saving trees and saving the environment. When Paperless Post reached out to me, I was immediately down and a half for this collaboration. Nowadays, everyone has an email that they check literally every 10 seconds (guilty), so why not save the poor trees and send an invite via email instead of snail mail? The mailman can't lose the e-vites and it will never get wet in the rain. It definitely won't get mixed up with the junk mail that everyone throws out immediately after checking their mailbox. ;) 
Check out their large selection of Wedding Invitations and Save The Dates. They have brands like the well known Rifle Paper Co, Vera Wang and Kate Spade with all those chic designs. They even have Oscar de la Renta, which are my fave! Like......WHAT?! 
They have way more than wedding theme invites. You can send someone a birthday card, a housewarming card, a brunch and cocktail party invite, and so much more.






























What are your predictions for weddings this year?

xx,
My signature photo MyBlogSignature_zpswkkk5eud.png

(This post is Sponsored, although I was not paid for this collaboration. All opinions are my own and if I felt that this company was no good, I would not have written this post. Please refer to my 'PR+Disclaimer' page for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that support AFH.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments